Thursday, September 24, 2015

Notes for Ch. 13, 14, 15 Discussion

Here are my notes for our class book discussion.They are really discussion points.

TLitF Chapter 13, 14, and  15 Discussion


  • Was it right for the whites to take the land of the Indians?
  • Why does True Son warn the people on the flatboat of the possible Indian ambush?
  • Maybe he finally realizes he’s one of them.
  • True Son at first wants to just kill the whites, he has a change of heart in thirty seconds.
  • “He opened his arms and used Yengwe words ‘I am English. I have white skin like you.’ ‘
  • Mothers, take me with you, take me with you or I’ll starve!’”
  • “He could feel the exaltation of his Indian friends.”
  • Was it Gordie that he saw, or only sub- consciously saw?

  • He forgot who he was.
  • “Take him back, it’s an ambush!”
  • The Indians shot without reservation  



They don't make since if you've never read the book, but, if you have, this is towards the end and dealing with True Son's change of heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment